The recent stay-at-home orders due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak haven’t gotten in the way of having fun with neighbors at The Woodlands Hills. Over the last few months, Tammy Davis, Lifestyle Coordinator for The Woodlands Hills Residential Community, has been busy facilitating several entertaining and safe activities for community residents to enjoy virtually.
Here’s a rundown of what’s been going on at The Woodlands Hills:
- April 4 was egg-citing when a Bunny Trail enticed kids and teens to hop outside for a virtual scavenger hunt! Residents competed to be the fastest bunnies as they hopped around the community and down the trails in search of clues provided to them and submitted their scavenger finds via a smartphone photo. Winners enjoyed eggs filled with candy and gift cards to local restaurants.
- A Bingo Quarantini was celebrated on April 23 a.k.a. Thirsty Thursday. Adults were invited to grab their favorite cocktail and join the fun with their neighbors via Zoom!
- A Kids Virtual Bingo was held April 28 live on Zoom. With an emailed bingo card in hand, the kids were encouraged to grab a favorite snack while they shared the fun. B-I-N-G-O!!!
- On May 7, Chef Mark presented a Virtual Cooking Class. Participants enjoyed a taste of Spain without leaving their kitchen as they learned how to make homemade tapas as fun and festive snacks for the whole family!
- A Mommy & Me Cooking Class was presented May 14 via Zoom with Chef Brandi. Moms and their little ones enjoyed discovering how to make fresh summer fruit parfaits with homemade whipped cream.
- On May 23 a Backyard Campout invited neighbors to snuggle up with their favorite sleeping bag and sleep under the stars without leaving their yard or to stay inside and make the living room their campground.
- The Summer Scavenger Hunt May 28 challenged participants to find the answers to 12 clues that could be found in and around their homes. Winners got to choose prizes among a goody basket at the Activity Center, which included pool floaties, colorful towels, coolers, refreshments, Girl Scout cookies and sunblock.
“All of our virtual events in The Woodlands Hills have been very well received, and we had a lot of great feedback from the residents. They loved it and can’t wait for the next exciting activity,” explained Davis. “The Woodlands Hills is a wholesome community where residents grow together.”
The Woodlands Hills Residential Community serves the homeowners in the community and is already making plans for its next set of fun and creative, virtual activities.