New homes offer the best of the best from the latest technology to energy efficiency and exceptional floorplans, especially in the new, master planned community of The Woodlands Hills. Homebuilders showcase these new residences with decorated models. If you’re like most people, it is inspiring as it opens your imagination to approaches to décor that you may not have considered before. There are many techniques to achieve that model home look that don’t have to break your budget.
According to Anne Rogers, a project manager pro with Kathy Andrews Interiors, you should begin by focusing on the key areas you entertain in and then work your way toward areas that are less viewed in general. She also shares these tips:
- Select items that will complement the size of the space. Even a small room can feel large with the right furniture. For example, if the room is small, a glass top cocktail table will take up less visual space than one with a dark top.
- Use fewer, larger accessories to minimize visual clutter. Use baskets to corral miscellaneous items.
- White lamp shades emit more light, creating a brighter and more inviting space.
- Hanging art and mirrors vertically can make ceilings appear taller. Mounting drapery at the ceiling instead of the top of the window has a similar effect.
- Play with different textures to add visual interest and depth.
With some creative and simple tricks, you can go a long way towards making your home feel like a showplace!