Hey lake fans! Summer’s here and that means it’s a great time to explore Lake Conroe. This beautiful, glistening leisure destination boasts a 22,000-acre lake that’s just beaming with cool fun. Best of all, it’s located just four miles west of The Woodlands Hills off FM 830.
From boating and water sports to fishing and beach-shore swimming, Lake Conroe offers a variety of activities. You can launch your boat from one of the easy-access public boat ramps. However, you don’t need a boat to enjoy Lake Conroe, as there are many water sport rental options for boats as well as jet skis, canoes and kayaks as well as fishing guides.
For beach swimming, Lake Conroe has two public access points:
- Lake Conroe Park, on the south side of the lake at 14968 Highway 105. Situated on 13 acres, it is complete with amenities such as BBQ pits, picnic tables, fishing piers and restrooms along with a sand volleyball court, softball/multi-purpose fields and two pavilions available for rent.
- Scotts Ridge Swim Area, on the northwest side of Lake Conroe two miles north of FM 1097. This swim area is within the Sam Houston National Forest and is surrounded by a natural forest of towering pine trees. Amenities of the unique park include pavilions, picnic tables, fishing areas, restrooms and a public boat ramp.
If you prefer to admire the sparkling water from land, there are several restaurants among the shoreline, offering beautiful views of the lake while you relax and grab some grub, such as:
- Papa’s on the Lake | 14632 Hwy. 105, Montgomery, TX | www.papasonthelake.com/
- Wolfies Restaurant | 14954 Hwy. 105, Montgomery, TX | www.wolfiesusa.com/locations/lake-conroe
- Fajita Jack’s On The Lake | 15256 TX-105, Montgomery, TX | www.Fajitajacks.com
- Landshark Bar & Grill – Margaritaville Lake Resort | 600 Margaritaville Parkway, Montgomery, TX | www.margaritavilleresorts.com/margaritaville-lake-resort-lake-conroe/eat-drink/landshark-bar-grill
Sometimes, you just need to reel in a slice of time to cast away for some relaxing leisure. And with Lake Conroe beckoning you just a short drive away from The Woodlands Hills, there’s nothing better than jumping into the “Lake Life” with your friends and family.
For more information about Lake Conroe from the Conroe Convention and Visitors Bureau, click here.