There’s nothing better than coming home at the end of a long day and being greeted with unconditional love and appreciation by an adoring pet. There are many “pawsitive” reasons to have a furry companion. For example, they can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels; relieve stress, anxiety, and loneliness; and increase opportunities for socialization, exercise, and outdoor activities.
The Woodlands Hills is a welcoming, pet-friendly place to call home. With an abundance of nature-laced parks, pathways, and trails, one of the highlighted amenities is the wonderful Lucy and Gus Dauzat Dog Park within Founders Park for neighbors and their pups. This one-acre park includes a separate space for smaller dogs, doggie drinking fountains, benches for owners to sit and watch their dogs play, and of course, lots of trees!
When embarking upon a fresh new beginning in The Woodlands Hills, you can take advantage of a perfect opportunity to create a pet-friendly home to suit the needs of you and your four-legged friend.
Whether you’re a fan of felines or canines (or both!) here are a few helpful tips:
- Pet Spa – Many of the floorplans by the quality, innovative home builders in The Woodlands Hills offer flexible options. For example, Highland Homes can build out a Pet Spa in the space that would have been a tandem garage. The Pet Spa features a dog washing station, elevated grooming table, a built-in kennel, and cabinets for storing supplies.
- Flooring – Opt for durable, slip-resistant and scratch-resistant flooring in the main areas of the house. For example, tile or laminate flooring accented by washable rugs. If you do choose to install carpet in a room, choose a low-pile, stain-resistant type along with moisture-resistant padding for extra protection from accidents.
- Paint – Use a glossy or semi-gloss paint for the areas that your pet will likely be spending most of their time.
- Pet Station – Create a pet station near the door you’ll use most often to let them out or take on walks. This way you’ll conveniently have easy and organized access to leashes, toys, and other handy pet supplies.
- Mud Room – Many of the new home floorplans in The Woodlands Hills include a mud room, which is a perfect space to tidy up a wet coat or muddy paws from the outdoors as you transition into the house. Some builders, such as Ravenna Homes, can install a convenient dog washing station.
- Room With A View – Set up a window seat or a window perch for your feline friend to keep watch of the interesting activities outside or take a nap in the warm sunshine.
- Catio – Set up an enclosed “catio” (cat patio) on your patio or in the back yard to provide your cat with a safe, protected place to enjoy the outdoors. These allow them to get some outdoor exercise or simply lounge in the fresh air while enjoying the sights and sounds of nature.
- Unique Space – Set up a space that’s designated just for your pet. You can create a pet nook by placing a luxurious pet bed under a utility room counter or at the bottom of a closet.
- Pet Door – Some builders offer a back door that had glass on the top half, and wood on the bottom half. This allows the homeowner to install a pet access door that’s sized just right for their dog or cat.
Our pets are often considered as family, if not our best friend. Planting your roots in a new home in The Woodlands Hills is sure to result in content purr, an enthusiastic bark, or a happy wagging tail along with a paws-up of approval!