Summertime for students include recreation, and can also include fun programs on education and extracurricular activities. Students residing in The Woodlands Hills can take advantage of many programs through the Willis Independent School District to keep youth learning and engaged this summer.
The programs offered this summer include Enrichment Camps and Athletic Camps.
Summer Enrichment Camps
These camps are a district program designed to enrich students beyond the classroom. The camps are for students going into 3rd through 8th grade in August.
Camps are for current Willis ISD students and for students moving to Willis ISD over the summer. The camps will be hosted at the CTE Center at Willis High School.
Camps for students entering into 3rd to 5th grade include:
Camps for students going into 6th to 8th grade include:
- Ag Science
- Culinary Arts
- Photography & Videography
For more information about the Summer Enrichment Camps, contact Jason Merik, District Science Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 936-890-6228.
Willis Athletic Kamps:
To stay on top of your game or just to learn more about a sport that’s new to you, check out these summer athletic camps. The camps are open to students in:
- Strength and Conditioning Kamp: June 5to July 21
- Softball: May 30to June 1, 9am-2pm
- Boys/Girls Soccer: June 5 to 8, 5pm-7pm
- Girls Basketball: June 19 to 21, 9am-2pm
- Rising Kats Kamp (Football): June 26 to 28, 5pm-7pm
- Boys Basketball: July 10 to 13, 9am-3pm
- Wrestling: July 10 to 13, 6pm-8:30pm
- Volleyball: July 25 to July 27, 9am-6pm
- Wildkat Kulture Kamp (Football): July 31 to Aug 2, 5pm-7:30pm
For more information, contact the Athletics Office at WHS at 936-856-1315.
For more information about these camps, visit www.WillisISD.org and click the yellow sun link to the Willis ISD Summer Programs.
Children residing in The Woodlands Hills attend Meador Elementary School and Brabham Middle School – both adjacent to the community. The Woodlands High School is minutes away.
Have a happy and healthy summer!