It’s been a terrific two years since the official flag-raising ceremony signaled the grand opening of The Woodlands Hills on July 19, 2018. Over the last 730 days, so much has happened as our popular new community has taken root and thrived. In just two years, The Woodlands Hills has already been recognized as an award-winning master planned community.
Friendships have been nurtured with neighbors. Families have grown. Good neighbors have helped out one another. Many attractive amenities have sprouted, and heartfelt connections have formed throughout the various events and activities that residents have enjoyed with family and friends.
Here are a few highlights from our first two years:
- Homebuilders: We’ve attracted seven stellar homebuilders to offer quality, masterfully-designed one- and two-story new homes priced from the $230s. They include Century Communities, Chesmar Homes, David Weekley Homes, Gehan Homes, Highland Homes, Ravenna Homes and Westin Homes.
- Founders Park: The Woodlands Hills opened an architecturally stunning 10,600-square-foot indoor/outdoor activity center within the 17-acre Founders Park complete with a yoga lawn, sprawling event lawn, state-of-the-art fitness center, tennis courts, connected hiking trails, and a zero-entry, resort-style interactive community pool with a lazy river and lap lanes.
- Bike Lanes: Dedicated bike lanes were added on the major thoroughfare in The Woodlands Hills, making it the first community in Conroe and Willis to offer protected bike lanes for cycling.
- Events: We held our first fall festival, “Harvest in the Hills”, featuring model home tours, free family-friendly activities during the day, followed by a special live house concert featuring country artist Mary Sarah and a barbecue dinner.
- New Dog Park at Founders Park: The “Lucy and Gus Dauzat Dog Park” opened with a special celebration for four-legged friends and their owners. In addition to a park for large dogs, there’s a separate area for small dogs as well as benches for humans, drinking fountains for dogs and several “convenient” trees!
- The Woodlands Hills Residential HOA: Over the last 24 months, The Woodlands Hills Residential Homeowners Association has gathered residents together with cooking demonstrations, a health and fitness fair, and a back-to-school bash that was a blast for young kids and teens. This spring, we pivoted our events to offer virtual activities that continued the fun with several kid-friendly and family-friendly activities sparking excitement and imagination. From an egg-citing bunny trail hunt and a bingo quarantine to cooking classes and a summer scavenger hunt, these virtual events were a hit among all the neighbors!
- The Founders Club: In a Founders Club Tree Dedication ceremony, we honored the first 50 founding families of The Woodlands Hills with a tree dedicated in their honor, complete with an individual plaque bearing the family name. These very special members certainly helped us establish a solid foundation for the wholesome community it has become. We will honor our next 50 founding families soon.
- Philanthropy: Promoting the spirit of giving back, The Woodlands Hills and its developer, The Howard Hughes Corporation, have contributed to several non-profit charitable organizations in Montgomery County including the Montgomery County Food Bank, Angel Reach, Operation Finally Home, Montgomery County Fair Association, Montgomery County Community Foundation, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Yes to Youth and the Panorama Lions Club.
- Education: Scholarships have been awarded to graduating seniors from Willis High School, and we’ve partnered with Meador Elementary and Brabham Middle School for Wellness Wednesdays to help students learn about maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle. We have also awarded scholarships to Lone Star College – Montgomery.
- New Parks: Two new parks are opening this summer to offer both active and passive play steeped in nature. The Sue Luce’s Daisy Park is a 1-acre neighborhood park for whimsical play activity, and the Rick and Roz Dauzat Peace Park has a 1.8-mile meandering pathway that winds along an intermittent creek bed and access to playful exploration with nature as well as areas for relaxation and reflection.
“We are proud of the progress The Woodlands Hills has made as it has established its presence as one of the newest master planned communities in the Greater Houston Area,” said Health Melton, Executive Vice President of MPC Residential for The Howard Hughes Corporation. “So many memorable experiences have been shared, and we have exciting plans on the horizon for our forested community. The future is bright for The Woodlands Hills as we continue to grow a quality community combined with environmental preservation.”
The Woodlands Hills will be opening a stunning new model home park in Founders Grove, along with additional charming, nature-laced parks for residents to enjoy.
The forested community of The Woodlands Hills will eventually feature approximately 112 acres of open, natural space and 20 neighborhood parks set among its gently-rolling terrain. We look forward to growing with you!